Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What A Parent Wants


Back in the day, when I was little, Papa Justice wanted me to:

-go to Duke
-be happy
-and successful
-and do whatever I loved

Back in the day, when I was little, Mama Justice wanted me to:

-become a doctor
-go to Harvard
-or Yale
-have a lot of money
-and buy her a pink limousine

WELL

1) I went to a small private institution that my parents knew nothing of (as all West Coast people don't)
2) I majored in Theater
3) I currently make a very minor income as a sub and tutor

Today, Papa Justice wants me to:

-become famous on youtube
-prune vines
-earn 3K/month
-and be happy

Today, Mama Justice wants me to:

-go to Medical School
-move out
-and buy her a pink limousine

2 comments:

  1. GREAT post! can't even being to articulate how relatable that feeling is... past, present, future, the expectations... vs. the reality.

    keep 'em coming lovely!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete