Saturday, January 1, 2011

To 1/1/11!

Raise Your Glass (as Pink says), to 2011

It is a New Year, full of hope for new accomplishments and making life work out.

My New Years Resolution list does not consist of curt statements such as:

-lose 10 pounds
-get a real job
-be nice

Why set such specifics when I know in reality I can gain 10 and lose 10 in 2 weeks time? What does "real" job really mean? And hey, it's okay if I need to be a bitch sometimes.

I set open-minded goal-oriented resolutions such as:

-keep sending out resumes to prospective employers. Concentrate more energy on putting myself out there
-try to eat healthy and exercise where I feel content with my body. I know I'm not always going to be perfect, but work on being more conscious of bad habits and laziness
-tell my parents that I love them and appreciate them more often
-dive into my passions and don't get distracted. If I want to do improv, DO IT. If I want to write, DO IT. Find the means to do it because I CAN

For me, resolution writing gets my upcoming year's insecurities and worries out on paper. Then I find a way to remind and motivate myself of what I want and what I need to do. It's quite therapeutic. A boost in many ways. It's an excuse to sit down and get out of my head.

Anyway, happy new year =)

Resolution #27
-keep blog updated twice a month

Love, Hypocritical H-ko

1 comment:

  1. LOVIN' the blogs Hanako!! Keep them coming, definitely helping me keep motivated and on track!

    Missin you loads xoxo

    ReplyDelete