Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Welcome to the LWWO Network

The response I received from the last post was incredibly encouraging. I really have to thank everyone who read, commented, and/or became a follower.

(If you are interested in following this blog and being updated about a new post, sign up by clicking the icon to the right that says "Follow." Oh my god, no way.)

Fact: Life Will Work Out, Inc is a nationally recognized organization, and has branches and similar organizations worldwide.

Problem: Workers of LWWO sometimes feel alone, and need to connect to other LWWO members (or similar organizations).

Solution: This blog. This blog, I have now come to realize, should be a place where LWWO members share stories and join together to make the experience at LWWO (and similar organizations) fun and positive. Members, previous employees, or future candidates should post, comment, recommend, and ask questions.

If you have an idea for a post and want to write, please email me through facebook. You can find me as Hanako Justice.

If you want to comment on a post, go for it. You do not need to sign up into blogspot to comment. You can simply make up a name or even be anonymous.

If you want to recommend a post idea but don't want to write it, email me through facebook and I will do my best to capture it.

Ask questions. If you're an undergrad and you want advice, don't be scared. Ask. If you're currently in an LWWO situation and want advice, motivation, encouragement - ASK.

If you don't understand what LWWO is: Then read my first blog entry. If you're too lazy to scroll down - LWWO is a joke acronym (that stands for the joke organization Life Will Work Out, Inc) that I made up about being unemployed and living at home. Now everything above should make sense.

I am not alone. There are many of you who are reading this who may be in my position, or just were, or are about to be. So lets help each other out.

Welcome to the LWWO network.


2 comments:

  1. Hanako, I just have to say that I love that you made this. I'm glad you realized how great you are - though everyone needs to be reminded, especially at times like this, so: you're awesome! I did manage to get an internship this summer, which is great, but as it comes to a close I will be joining the ranks of jobless college grads, too. I'm already starting to feel it, bad. Besides the weird and often difficult balance of living at home for the first time in 6 years (which is only the beginning of that story), I am terrified. Excited for life, but utterly terrified. I know where I want to be and have a vague idea of what I want to do - but I don't know how to get there. But know, especially in this time, that you are not alone.
    I found this that you might find interesting: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magazine/22Adulthood-t.html

    Love love love, and lots of luck. I'll let you know if I come up with something to post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you are fantastic. I am so glad you are a follower and am glad that this blog is helpful to you in your journey. I understand it's terrifying (and not being home in 6 years is something I cannot imagine). The truth is that of course, there are bad days and there are good days. But I think the key thing right now is to make yourself feel productive - by keeping a good balance between what you love to do, and applying applying applying. You have to promote yourself and know what you are capable of. That way - the people who will want to hire you are the ones who will love what you can give them.

    As for the article - AMAZING. It was also in the Sunday NY Times in the Sunday magazine. Really great to read. We're a whole new generation!

    Lots of luck, and PLEASE - SERIOUSLY - write a post!

    ReplyDelete