Sunday, September 25, 2011

The HELP HANAKO GO TO AFRICA Fund

Dear Friends, Strangers, and Soon-To-Be-Friends:

AS THE TITLE OF THIS BLOG POST SUGGESTS - I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DONATE and/or BUY WINE TO HELP ME GO TO AFRICA








You probably were directed to this site because a friend asked you to. Or because you saw it on my Facebook, or because you were super bored and clicked "Next" on Blogspot.

Whatever way, thank you for clicking.

I am a 23 year old woman/girl. I'm not a girl, not yet a woman. (Thank you Britney).

I believe I'm stuck in this awkward in-between because I have a lot to experience before I consider myself an adult. And as part of this lovely growth process, one of my goals (besides gray hair) is to travel.

WeLL.


I have been given an opportunity to go to TANZANIA, AFRICA

"What's that?" you ask?

Here's a map:


YAY.

Now you're cultured.



I am going to be an ASSISTANT PE TEACHER at



 It is located in Arusha, a city 8 hours drive northeast of Dar es Salaam, the capital of Tanzania.

Omg, now you're super cultured.

The School of. St. Jude is Super Cool. It takes poverty-ridden kids who are the brightest / show huge potential, and focuses on building them to become FUTURE LEADERS OF TANZANIA. Meaning, they are aiming to groom government officials, presidents, NGO leaders, computer scientists, OF TANZANIA - NOT of the US, or Australia, or the UK. Brain Drain is a No-No.



Here's their website:     http://www.schoolofstjude.co.tz/Home/tabid/198/Default.aspx



Each kid gets to attend this school for free. Most, if not all, are sponsored. Everything is taught in English - to maintain their ability to become trilingual (Swahili, family/tribal language, then of course - the language for world communication). Integrity is a must - and anyone who lies, cheats, steals, or shows dishonesty is kicked out without a second chance.

SO YEA - they're awesome.

Here's the Problem.

I am a 23 woman/girl.

I graduated a private 4 year institution called Trinity College.

The education I received was amazing, but I couldn't pay for it all in one-go. So I owe Sallie Mae and Wells Fargo a load of cha-ching $ cha-ching.

They cannot defer my loans because St. Jude's is not like the Peace Corps in that it's not government funded.

Therefore, I need your help, to help me, help this school, fighting gray hair, and inspiring children's lives with soccer balls. I will be gone for one year.  




So here is my PITCH.



I would like YOU and your FRIENDS to  DONATE TO MY CAUSE or PURCHASE my mother and father's WINE 

My father and mother live out in Escondido, California. 5 years ago, they decided to dig a bunch of holes in the ground, grow some grape vines, and pop bottles.

The result?



That's my dog. He's a blue-merle Australian Shepherd - hence the name of our winery.

Website: http://www.winemakersjournal.com/bluemerlewinery.html
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bluemerlewinery

You can also read various stories off of my Dad's Bloghttp://winemakersjournal.blogspot.com/

I myself have helped prune vines, pick grapes, cork bottles, run after birds, and chase gophers off our property.


ANYWAY:

I would like YOU and your FRIENDS to DONATE TO MY CAUSE or PURCHASE my mother and father's WINE 


Did I say that already? 
Sorry.

DONATIONS 

GROSS PROFITS 
WILL FUND MY TRIP TO AFRICA


ANYTHING OVER 
WILL GO 
TO SCHOOL of ST. JUDE


TO PURCHASE:
Simply go to

    DONATIONS
     
    Anything is truly appreciated. Everything counts!




    That's me. And my dog. Chillin' like Villains.

    MY GOAL















    So, if your church needs wine, or you're on a quest to make Julia Child's Coq au Vin, or you want to help me make a difference in kid's lives:



    Questions?
    Please don't hesitate
    Contact me at hanakojustice@gmail.com


    I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

    Or at least your consideration.

    THANK YOU


    Interested in becoming a sponsor at St. Jude's? If you sponsor a kid you get to write them letters and send gifts! They'll write you back, show you what rewards they've earned, and send photos of themselves!
    CLICK HERE 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment